‘Powering Partners’ to do more in the channel
- Empower channel partners to do more
- Educate partners on the strategy, products and services
- Inspire through innovative solutions
- Connect with experts and encourage networking
To create a three-day conference that would be the official EMEA kick-off for the Partner Community, with an itinerary that would inspire confidence, enthusiasm and empowerment of Partners to head back into their working environments and make NetApp a leader in the marketplace today.
Tallinn, the capital city of Estonia was selected as the destination because it’s one of the top 10 Tech Cities in the world and known as the “Silicon Valley” of Europe, so a unique location to host the Partner Executive Forum and Partner Excellence Awards.
What we did
We created an event programme with a theme of ‘Powering Partners’ that would connect attendees with the brand and objectives, showing them how to be smarter, more powerful and more connected with customers.
This was achieved through:
- General Sessions – featuring powerful keynote presentations from NetApp executives and external speakers.
- Marketplace-style exhibition – with over 10 of NetApp’s key partners (including Cisco, Fujitsu, Intel and Vmware) alongside NetApp’s own field experts.
- Technical demo’s – hand’s on product demonstrations.
- Breakout sessions – roundtable topics and more in-depth education on selected topics
- 1:1 meetings – with NetApp Executives for insights and question time.
- Networking and teambuilding events – connected with peers, partners and NetApp Leadership.
The Partner Forum was organised with plenty of social activities delegates could participate in, all designed with bringing the “Powering” theme in life.
Even the initial event invitations sent were on a USB Credit Card, connected with the E-Citizenship scheme set up in Estonia, encouraging partners to ‘Power up and switch on.’
Partners could plan their schedule using the event specific mobile app. Packed with the itinerary, information and live news, the app was also utilised for a live poll during all general sessions testing attendee knowledge of NetApp and Estonia.
Throughout the three-day event partners could visit:
- Energise and Power Performance – juice/smoothie bar
- Innovation Station – Virtual Reality, website eye tracking demo’s from Tallinn University
- Recharge and Relax – recharge devices, coffee station and massage/relaxation area
- Power Hub – Marketplace activities in the exhibition area
- Power up breakout rooms – Acceleration Hub, Control Room, Energy Centre etc
Partners could learn first-hand how NetApp and Cisco help lay the foundations for the fourth industrial revolution utilising a single IoT infrastructure. Demos saw how the technology could power a coffee machine via an App, as well as showing the future of the railway business whereby the screens display seat availability in the carriages in advance.
Prior to the event, attendees signed up to participate in on arrival day:
- Tallinn City Tour – traditional sightseeing tour of Tallinn
- e-Estonia Showroom tour – discovering how Estonia handles their Cyber Security, e-Health and how they became a Smart City
- Mektory Guided tour – a detailed insight how Estonia promotes and encourages innovation and technology advancement
- Power Run – run with the first female triplets in the history of sports who competed in the Rio Olympic Games, for Estonia.
On the final evening, we hosted the offsite Partner Excellence Awards Gala Dinner at Tallinn’s Seaplane Harbour Museum. The NetApp EMEA Partner Excellence Awards is a recognition ceremony that takes place once a year in alignment to the Partner Executive Forum. This programme recognises partners for their commitment to NetApp through their exceptional growth, revenue attainment and investment in training and certifications. Partners enjoyed a venue tour, traditional Estonian food and drinks, an elegant awards ceremony and aerial artist entertainment.
Partners celebrated NetApp’s 25th Anniversary throughout the Excellence Awards, with each award containing the commemorative 25 year logo.
In addition to this, NetApp donated $10K to the Red Cross.
“CR have done an exceptional job and made the Partner Executive Forum a great event and experience for both, the NetApp Partners and Employees. I would like to thank you for all your efforts you have made. That you stayed calm with all the challenges we have been facing along the way and your extremely professional and positive behaviour. All the hours you worked on the event...You made it another success! It has been a great pleasure working with you!!!”
more than 220 executive partners came together
Event logistics scored 4.5 / 5
Find out more
Talk to us about your needs and the opportunities to see what CR Worldwide offer