Live sports events can make the ideal corporate experience to take your employees, clients or customers, and entertain and impress.
As well as providing a great experience, bringing people together and presenting great networking opportunities, it’s worth pointing out they:
- Allow you to build a rapport with your clients and customers
- Cement and build relationships
- Help you and your business stand out from the competition
If you’re looking for some sports-related company event ideas this summer, there are some great live events lined up, both on home soil and overseas. But there are so many types to choose from, with each event offering a different experience – from cheering in a stadium to sipping champagne on a riverbank.
We are CR Worldwide
Brands of all types trust us with their Hospitality Services
To make things easier, we’ve selected our pick of top event planning ideas to hit the field, water and race track this summer.
Field and stadium events
Watching a field sports event live from a stadium, like tennis, football or athletics, can offer unbeatable views and an unrivalled atmosphere, alongside good networking opportunities.
Consider the gripping tension of watching a Wimbledon final, or, for the football lovers, a chance to travel overseas to France to watch Europe’s best players compete for the cup in UEFA Euro 2016.
And if you really want to give the ultimate experience in corporate hospitality, and you’re prepared to travel further, what could be more spectacular than watching the Olympics live in Brazil?
- Wimbledon starts on 27 June and finish on 10 July. It takes place in Wimbledon, London
- UEFA Euro 2016 runs from 10 June to 10 July. The first match will take place in Stade de France, Saint-Denis in France
- The 2016 Olympic Games start on 5 August and end on 21 August. They take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Motor, bicycle and horse racing events
Perhaps you’re looking for some adrenaline-charged action to reward your staff for their hard work, or for meeting their annual sales targets. If this is you, these ideas for company events could work well.
Consider the thrill of watching horseracing at the world famous Ascot Racecourse in the thick of the excited crowds, or even in your own private box. Or consider travelling to France to cheer on the cyclists of the Tour de France in the beautiful French countryside.
If you really want to get your employees’ hearts pounding, another choice is the excitement of watching Formula One racing, as motorcars top speeds of 200mph at Silverstone.
- Royal Ascot runs from 14 June to 18 June. It takes place at Ascot Racecourse in Berkshire
- Tour de France starts on 2 July and finishes on 24 July. The race starts at Mont-Saint Michael, Normandy in France
- Formula One British Grand Prix runs from 8 July to 10 July. It takes place in Towcester, Northamptonshire
Rowing and sailing events
Who doesn’t enjoy a trip to the coast, or relaxing with a drink on the banks of a river? Combine that with an exciting water sports event and the experience can be unforgettable for a client. Interested? Consider these ideas for corporate events.
Watch the rowers from the beautiful banks of the River Thames, while drinking champagne and mingling with socialites, at the Henley Royal Regatta. Or spend time on the Portsmouth coast to watch some of the world’s best sailors race to the finish line of America’s Cup World Series.
Alternatively, journey to the Isle of Wight to watch Cowes Week, the largest sailing regatta in the world. And, even better, experience the action on board a luxury yacht, so your clients can get up close to the racing action.
- The Henley Royal Regatta starts on 29 June and finishes on 3 July. It takes place in Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire
- America’s Cup World Series runs from 21 to 24 July. It takes place in Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Cowes Week starts on 6 August and ends on 13 August. The event is held place in Cowes, Isle of Wight
Stadium, racing and sailing sports events are just some exciting ideas for corporate events and company events that can work well for your business.
We’d love to help you engage, motivate and inspire your team with our innovative hospitality services. To speak to a member of our award-winning team: