Last week, CR Worldwide joined Channel Meetup attendees at Menlo Park California for the first of two 2019 events in the Bay Area. We were all very excited to see what is in store for the future of the Channel.
While most larger companies are doing some sort of AI or Machine Learning, most don’t have the data intel to support it yet, but want to learn what we need to accomplish in order to be ready. It’s an interesting time for us all, as data becomes even more convoluted and harder to keep clean and up-to-date for partners and resellers. Before we can take advantage of automated decision engines, it’s evident that channel leaders want partner programs to have a seamless entry point and an end-to-end strategy.
At the event there were some great table topics, such as Digital Marketing with Partners, as well as more specific presentations like Enabling Your Partners Through Incentive Programs.
Some key takeaways included:
- Having the right tools is very important to be ready for AI
- Planning, Production, Personalization, Promotion and Performance are the key pillars of success for your partner program
- Channel marketers are always trying to find the right amount and type of engagement
- Rewarding behavior vs rewarding sales is a fast-growing method
- Use gamification to keep your program fresh and fun
- Implementing the right personalized rewards program can bring control, consistency and compliance to the way you engage with your channel.
We are CR Worldwide
Brands of all types trust us with their channel incentives
I also learned that the CR team should look at using machine learning to create a path for learning. Using the data that we have, we can tell channel marketers what path the top reps have used, so we should create a template to guide others to that same success. This helps to speed up ramp up time and create more competition in the field.
The best things about this event for me is the peer to peer learning. Every event, I hear this same sentiment repeatedly. The table discussions are helpful for peers to hear and to better understand the pain points they live every day. They get to find out from each other how they deal with problems and challenges and get a spin on other ideas or actions that have been tried.
If you like the sound of it, see you at the next CMU – A practical guide for getting what you want in a relationship – Thursday 17 October, 2019.